Wednesday 31 March 2021

The Easter Story

 For the past few days, my class was learning to summarise and make links between our paragraphs. Our task for our reading and writing was to summarise/retell the story of Easter. First we had to choose a partner to work with. After we had to write down our script. We had to write the events in order, from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.
After we wrote our script, we made little puppets. We first colored them in, then we cut them out and taped them on little popsicle sticks. After we made our puppets, we recorded a screencastify with our puppets. 
I enjoyed making the puppets and recording my version of the Easter story, although it took 2 days or so.
It was a bit hard to read, record and move the puppets at the same time. The most challenging bit was that we had to re-do it so many times! There were also instances where we forgot to un-pause it and ended up making mistakes, which resulted in us re-doing our recording multiple times.
Do you know the story of easter? How do you celebrate easter with your Whanau? Tell me in the comments!
Here is me and my partner's version of the story of Easter!



4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Camille
    I am Aimie from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked that you choose a nice green background for your video.
    I learnt that you were learning to summarise and make links between your paragraphs.
    Maybe you could change the background colour to get people's attention.
    Please visit my blog
    here

    Mā te wā
    Aimie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Aimie, thanks for commenting on my blog post!
      Thanks for the nice comment!
      Next time we will try and find a different coloured background!
      Mā te wā
      Camille

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Camille,
    I just wanted to pop by and say what an awesome summary of the Easter story. What an inventive way to show that you are understanding what you read. It would be cool to see this as a stop motion presentation. I love spending Easter with my family and attending mass.
    Keep up the fantastic mahi!

    Miss Steele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Aimie,
    this is a really creative way to retell the Easter story. Thank you for sharing the process and how long it took you to do it. Well done for keeping at it and completing it.
    Ka pai tō mahi.
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.