Friday 26 March 2021

Te Kuri a Paoa

 For the past few days, we were learning about Kiwa and Paoa through art. When Paoa and Kiwa came to Gisborne, they thought young Nick's head looked like Paoa's dog, so they named young Nick's head Te Kuri a Paoa.  When captain Cook came, he saw young Nick's head over Nick's head so he named it Young Nick's head because he saw young Nick's head over Nick's head! 
We also were learning to blend pastels. We blended pastels because we needed some of the shades that we didn't have. We also learnt about showing movement through our pastel strokes, like for the fur and for the night sky.
You can read my reflection in my slide deck!
Do you know how to blend pastels? How many times did you think I said 'Young Nick's head' or 'Nicks head? Count them all up and tell me in the comments!

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora. I am Sophia from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked how you make a slide deck and explain what you did on each one of your slides!
    I learnt how you blend in colours with pastels
    Maybe you could make the words bigger on your slide deck so It can be more readable? Please visit my blog
    here
    Mā te wā
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.