Friday 14 May 2021

Aurora Writing - Hook

 For the past few days, my group was learning how to use a hook to hook a reader in with our writing. We had to write just an introduction, so that is why the writing you will see below is not finished.
We first had to write the introduction/hook for our recount, then we had peer assesment. Peer assesment is when you have someone your age/close to your age do your assesment for you.

We also had a learning intention that guided us on how to hook the reader in. My learning intention was using onomatopoeia (sound), dialogue (talking), short, sharp sentences, and to describe the setting.
I think I did well with most of my learning intention, except for short, sharp sentences. My next goal is to master short, sharp sentences.

For our peer assesment, we had to read our writing to eachother and then we had to give our peer two medals and a mission. The two medals and a mission was based on our learning intention.
I enjoyed writing the introduction to my recount. I also enjoyed learning how to hook the reader and make them interested in my writing.

I found finishing my writing and peer assesment in time, because I wasn't here one day so I had to catch up! In the end, I ended up finishing my writing in time!

Did my writing hook you in? If not, please give me some tips in the comments so I can improve my writing!

Here is my writing!

Hopping out of my silver Ford, I saw Leyla walk out of her Nanna’s car.
“Hi Camille!” “Um hi..” “Are you excited?” “Um kind of” “Uh do you want a mint?”

“Okay.” The two of us walked to the huge, white church. Along the way, we stepped on crisp,

autumn leaves. Crunch, crunch. As we entered the large church, we ran up the wooden stairs.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Camille I am Sophia from St Mary’s School.
    I really liked how you explained clearly on what you were doing and how you wrote your hook!
    I learnt that peer assessment is when you have someone around your age to do your assessment for you.
    Maybe you could master your short, sharp sentences next time!
    Please visit my blog
    here
    Mā te wā
    Sophia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.