Tuesday 24 August 2021

Maui Magic Jawbone

Today for reading, my class was learning how to present. We were watching a video about Maui and his magic jawbone given to him by his grandfather.

The video tells us that Maui obtained this jawbone by hiding his grandfathers kai/food from him. Maui wanted his grandfather’s magical jawbone and did this everyday until his grandfather gave into hunger and gave Maui his magic jawbone. 

One of the tasks were to draw Maui’s magic jawbone. I enjoyed drawing Maui’s magic jawbone. I really enjoyed drawing the rope and the small details. I enjoyed the shading and adding shadows.

I found drawing the shape of the jawbone a little tricky because there were many different ways to draw Maui’s magic jawbone. 

Here is the drawing!


2 comments:

  1. Hola Camille,
    It's great to see your Lockdown learning on your blog.
    Your sketch of the magic jawbone is amazing.
    Have you done many sketches during Lockdown?
    Mā te wā,
    Mrs Naden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camille,
    Fantastic sketch Camille, I like the detail on the jawbone.
    Did you enjoy the story Maui and his Grandfather?
    Keep up the great work.
    Mrs McCormack

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.