Thursday 12 August 2021

Koromiko

 For the past few weeks, my class in reading was learning to summarise. Summarising is when you tell the main point in your own words, but in a shorter version. 

Because of our Rongoa garden (Healing Garden) in our school, my class was learning about healing plants. We had to read 4 articles and watch 1 video. Doing this, we found out a lot of facts about rongoa. Then, after that the whole class had to choose 1 native healing plant such as kowhai, kawakawa, etc.

For our task, we had to design a sign with some of the medicinal properties of the plant we chose. The plant I chose was a Koromiko. My sign will tell you more about the Koromiko.

I enjoyed creating the sign and designing it. It was really enjoyable. I also enjoyed finding and learning lots of facts about the Koromiko. This further strengthened my knowledge. Like they say, 'knowledge is power!'

The bit I found tricky the most was learning how a Koromiko poultice is made. I had to go on various sites to try to find out how to make the poultice! In the end, a book my teacher had helped me. It is called 'The Meaning of Trees' by Robert Vennell.

Here is my sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.