Tuesday 31 August 2021

Cicada Animation

 Today for lockdown learning, we were doing reading. In reading we were learning how to apply knowledge. 

Today my class was reading about cicadas. Cicada’s are insects and they are like aphids. They suck out fluids from young twigs of trees and some woody bushes.

Our task was to create a scratch game about cicada’s talking to each other, put facts on a slide deck or make an animation. I chose the animation, but it’s not really like an animation, so I would label this as my way of applying knowledge.

I found drawing the cicadas enjoyable. I also enjoyed reading and learning about cicadas. I also really enjoyed making them talk to each other in facts.

I found drawing the head of the cicadas a little tricky. They have (in my opinion) a quite complex head because they have 5 eyes. They have 2 of them being really bold and noticeable, while the others are quite small, so I didn’t draw them on.

Do you enjoy my drawings? Please tell me in the comments!

Here is the video of cicadas talking to each other in facts!


2 comments:

  1. Dia dhuit Camille,
    Your animation is fantastic. It inlcudes great facts about cicadas. I am astounded that you drew these cicadas - you are a very talented artist.
    Your reflection really sounds like you. I agree - cicadas have very complex heads and drawing 5 eyes would have been extremely difficult to make it look right.
    Keep up the fantastic blogging.
    Mā te wā,
    Mrs Naden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Camille
    Cicadas have 5 eyes! Wow, I did not know this! You animation drawings are absolutely incredible I really do think you are a talented artist. Keep up this amazing blogging and drawing Camile. I will visit your blog again tomorrow and see what amazing work you have been doing.
    Ma te wa
    Mrs Tamatea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.