Wednesday 16 June 2021

Thesesus and Minotaur

For the past few weeks, I have been learning to infer. Infering is when you read between the lines. It can also mean answering a question with clues from a text. This week my group and I were reading about Theseus and the Minotaur. We had to read a story about how Theseus became king of the Athens. After we read the story, we had to evaluate. After we all evaluated and stated our own opinions, we had a discussion on what we all thought. We all thought that Theseus was a half and half hero (half good and half bad hero) because he killed the minotaur, but also we also thought he was a bad person because he betrayed Princess Adriane.

After we did the evaluate task, we could also create our own labyrinth or we could make a wanted poster of the minotaur. I decided that I would create a wanted poster. I worked with my friend, and we decided that we would make the minotaur using shapes provided by the google drawing program. It was really tricky to get the skirt right, because we had to go back and forth making tweaks as we went. It was also hard to find a skin colour for the minotaur's upper body. 

I enjoyed creating the poster although it was a bit tricky here and there. It was quite enjoyable in my opinion. 

What are your opinions on Theseus? Do you think he is a hero or is he a villian? Tell me your opinions in the comments!

Here is my evaluate task and wanted minotaur poster!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.