Thursday 10 June 2021

Maui brick wall

For the past few weeks for reading, I've been learning to infer. Infering is when you read between the lines. It can also mean answering a question with clues from a text.  This week my reading group and I were  reading about Maori gods and Greek gods. We read about how Prometheus gave fire to men. After we read those, we watched a video.

After we read and watched the video, we read 
how Maui brought fire to the world with our teacher. We  had to infer on what characteristics we thought Maui had with clues from the text. We thought that he was mean, mischieveous, brave, intelligent, curious, greedy, etc. After we read with our teacher, we had to make a character description of Maui on a brick wall.

I enjoyed making the brick wall description of Maui. It took some time because I wanted to jazz and funk it up lots! I got some ideas from my friends. I found remembering all the characteristics tricky because I hadn't written them down on a piece of paper.

My digital learning object shows that I can embed google slides in this blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.