Wednesday 28 July 2021

New Zealand Mascot

 For the past few days, my class and I were designing Olympic mascots. We had to somehow incorporate  a element of NewZeland in our mascots. We used a app called 'Chrome Canvas'. This app was already pre-installed on our chromebooks.

Thinking of a idea was probably the hardest. There are lots of areas to cover before you can design your mascot, plus we had to somehow incorporate NewZeland into our mascots. I decided that my mascot would represent the Paralympics part of the Olympics.

I enjoyed designing the mascot and giving it's personality. Coloring the mascot was also enjoyable. 

My mascot's name is 'Rā'. 'Rā' in Maōri means 'Sun'. I gave Rā no arms, because he is a mascot representing the Paralympic games. Rā always has a bright outlook on life, despite he is differently abled. Here is a picture of Rā, my Paralympic mascot!


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Camille,
    He pai ki ahau tō mahi! (I like your work)
    This is a high quality blog post with not only your fabulous design but the way you explained your thinking behind your mascot.
    I have not used Chrome Canvas before so I am going to have a look and see what I can do in it.
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.