Monday 10 August 2020

Marvelous Mosaics!

Today i was making my own mosaic. We were  making the mosaics for the art exhibition. An art exhibition is a place where you can buy other people's art, and other people can buy your art! 

The cross represents Mary Mackillop and how she served for God! I used some blue stones for a nice border. I chose a black background so the bright colors would stand out. 

I enjoyed smearing the grout over my tiles, then wiping off the dried up grout. The grout felt like sand mixed with water, but white!

I found it difficult to glue on the tile pieces ( it was VERY messy!) I used liquid nails to glue on the tile pieces, but the liquid nails kept getting stuck to my skin. 

Making the mosaics started making me liking to sometimes not be clean! Sometimes it's is okay to be messy! Being messy can open your eyes to a whole lot of other ways you can do art! Have you ever made a mosaic before? Have you ever been messy while doing art? If so, please tell me in the comments! ( by the way, here is the finished product!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.