Monday 12 April 2021

Women's Native Tree Nursery Visit

 Today I am reflecting on when my class went to Women's Native Tree Nursery. 

We had a person called Kauri teach us how to take cuttings from native trees in our Riringa Awa and also how to extract seeds from native trees also in the Riringa Awa. We  also learnt that some of the trees had some healing properties. We also extracted TONS and when I mean it, I mean it! We extracted TONS of cuttings and seeds from all the different native trees in our Riringa Awa! We also had to spray-paint some trees because some trees were actually not native ones and we didn't want the to be in our Riringa Awa, so on one of the trees, we stomped on the tree and snapped it!

After that, we walked to the Women's Native Tree Nursery! We went under the bridge, and walked all the way to Riverdale school, which the Women's Native Tree Nursery was next to. As soon as we got in Kauri asked if we wanted to go under the sprinklers! Of course we said yes because it was BOILING! 

 Then, we started to plant the seeds we collected. We had put the seeds into trays and after that, we planted the cuttings. We went under the sprinklers from time to time because as I mentioned, it was boiling hot! 
We then watered the plants, and then we had to get back to school. We said goodbye to the plants and Kauri and headed off.

My digital learning object shows that I can emebed photos into this blog post
Here are some photos of us planting!
Next time I would put the photos into a slideshow







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.